Thursday, December 29, 2016

Goals: A Final Stretch Review

You can read all about my new year's resolution project I've done this year where I treat every month as a new year by CLICKING HERE.

I thought I'd touch base and let you know how it has gone, so you too can perhaps feel inspired to fulfill your own monthly new year goal this January.

I started this year out, wanting each monthly goal to be a hefty one. A focused drive. A must-be-finished-within-30-days endeavour. And as I started to challenge myself in setting these big monthly goals, it became apparent that I needed to reflect on what I wanted to become after these special 12 months. What I desired of myself to be. The biggest desire. So I pondered upon my priorities. What matters the most in my life. What is at the top of my list. It didn't take long for me to be gently touched as to what that was.

More Christlike.

I simply want to be a better person this year. Better at forgiving. Better at practising patience. Better at serving my fellow man. Most especially my little family.

My faith (my religion) helps me be better. So with that in mind, I prayerfully chose a goal every month that would reflect that desire.

The results?

My eyes have been humbly opened to the long journey I have ahead of me to be what I truly desire to be. There is no finish line, because there is no end to it's progression. And may be, that's what I love the most about these goals - that I can continue them. That I can gain little by little the attributes needed to reach who I was always meant to be.

Instead of your typical physical body health/appearance goals that seem to be such a popular go-to new year goal, I challenge you to break free from the physical obsession and become more concerned with your spiritual nature. This is what I did this year, and it's benefits far suprasses any sort of physical focus I could have had.

The beauty of it is that when you become more fixated on your spiritual self, you're not the sole benefactor. You benefit those around you as well.

Happy almost new year every one! I hope it's been a great to look back on for you, but even more so I hope you can look on the future year with hope and excitement.



Heaven's slice is knowing to what cause you were born.



No comments: