Sunday, December 4, 2016

This December

I am following and participating the LIGHT THE WORLD CAMPAIGN this December.
Here is the link to do it too! (Click a day and join in serving!!)


There is an act of service attached to each day from December 1 - 25. I have read and done at least one thing it suggests to do each day so far and it has been so heart touching.



My life seems to have gotten quite busy lately. And now with the Christmas season upon us there is the added pressure to get all the gift buying done for everyone. A pressureful busy-nesss that I actually kind of resent more and more each year.

For me, it takes away from what the season truly means for me. That great gift of life after death brought forth through our saviour. The hope that that tiny babe born in Bethlehem brought to generations upon generations. The hope it has brought to me. To know I have my family forever through Christ my Saviour.

I LOVE the December season. I do. Everyone, myself included, seems to be more cheery and kind. There is more of an outpoor of service. Of kind words. Of visiting family. Of meals shared with an exchange of laughs and hugs. Of Christmas music filling the air and creating family memories and traditions. It truly is a most wonderful month.

But the STUFF part of this season is distracting for me. I don't need stuff.

No, actually, I don't want stuff. I literally have everything I could every want within the walls of my home.

I want this husband who loves me and whom I love. I want that loyalty and honesty that is between us. I want health for me and my family. I want my children to scream and laugh and run and play with a pure zest for life. I want them to know Mommy and Daddy love eachother and love them too. I want them to know who Jesus is and what prayer means. I want to be financially stable. I want to be allowed the opportunity to progress and thus not be racked with past guilts. I want to explore my talents, to hone in on my passions. I want kind, fun, loyal, and dependable relationships. I want to live in a land of freedoms. I want to live near exteneded family and a temple... Deep down, I don't think anyone really wants "stuff."

This 25 Ways to Follow Our Saviour' shows me what I can do that doesn't entail that distracting checkmark of things to buy to fill a gift bag for someone who doesn't have need for it. It shows me the real ways I want to give. To really make a difference. To take time to truly give of myself and not my debit card.

Everything I want I have. I know Thanksgiving is long past, but December is actually more of a season of Thanks for me. Because this is what rings in my ears all month long:

"Because I have been given much 
I too must give"



Heaven's slice is having this daily opportunity to give as He did.



No comments: