Sunday, January 15, 2017

The Protection and Peace I Have Found in Reading My Scriptures Daily

Honestly, reading scriptures has always been the key to peace in my life. 

I can get frought with worry and anxiety pretty easily, but when I open my scriptures it just eases off of me. 

If I get a prompting to do something or go somewhere, I tend to overthink it and turn it into too daunting of a task. But I've tried to make efforts to read the scriptures in those times and it always makes the impressions more clear and simple. It brings peace and motivation to do that which I was impressed to do. 

Sometimes after recieving a soft answer to a prayer I start to waver and get confused on if it was really an answer or just something I made up. Reading the scriptures pushes the answer more clearly into my mind, once again, bringing peace with it.

Now as for the protection I have found with scripture reading. I don't mean physically. I mean mentally. My mental state makes a dark turn once my scripture reading stops. I found this the most scary and prominent in my teenage years. The summers where it was not "part of school/seminary" to be reading scriptures daily, I stopped. This is when the depression hit the hardest for me. Once I started reading them again in the Fall, I started seeing lights gradually opening up in my brain. Problems didn't seem as big, and my rational side started behaving correctly. 

There is a great power in scripture reading and study that is kind of indescribable unless you've felt it for yourself. Though I've tried to share a small piece of my experience with it, if you have not tried it in your life, you will not understand this. So, I'm putting out an invitation, as all of us mormons seem to do...


Read it daily, be it fast or slow. Just read it. ALL of it. Whether you understand the wording or not, just keep reading it. It's translated from an ancient language so it is a little confusing at times, even from those who have read and studied it all their life. 

Truly you have nothing to lose by reading it, but potentially, you may just have EVERYTHING to gain.





Heaven's Slice is reading scriptures daily and finding out your own truth in the validity of the Book Of Mormon by reading it yourself. All the way through.

No comments: